Things never happen unless you make a plan, which is why I’m looking forward to sharing this list to keep me on track and meeting my goals for the fall. Some are work, most are play, but all of them are things that I want to get done before there’s snow on the ground!
Goals for a Perfect Autumn:
1. Apple Picking is a must, as always, but I’d like to go to a few new farms in the Hudson River Valley.
2. Visit my favorite high tea spot in Manhattan, Tea & Sympathy on a very cool, crisp day.
3. Roast marshmallows around our outdoor fire pit.
4. Tell a few ghost stories on a camping trip.
5. Photograph the falling leaves.
6. Bake a pie for the first time.
7. Take a tour of the Frick Museum in Manhattan.
8. Make a homemade Halloween costume in the likeness of a woman I admire.
9. Play a game of cards with my husband.
10. Read voraciously and spend most evenings with a good book.
11. Make significant headway on writing my romance novel.
12. Share more style posts on She’s So Bright.
13. Go to a car show.
14. Reorganize my closets. Like, for real.
15. Carve a pumpkin.
16. Have a movie marathon on a rainy day.
17. Go for a long hike in the woods.
18. Vintage shop in NYC.
19. Get eyelash extensions for the first time.
20. Spend time reaching out and meeting new people.
I can’t believe I’ve never baked a pie before! Writing that seems kind of funny, but it’s true! While my pie appreciation is limited to apple, key lime, pumpkin, and quiche (does that count?), I’ve only had the pleasure of wolfing down slices that other people have made. I guess I’ll find out if homemade pies really are better. And last year I didn’t do any Halloween decorating and didn’t even carve a pumpkin (I was too busy making this happen), so I’m excited to spend a little time getting into the spirit of All Hallows’ Eve! Perhaps I’ll even make a trip out to Sleepy Hollow to celebrate.
Here’s to a fantastic autumn!
What are some of the things you’re looking to accomplish in the new season? Do you make goal lists too? Share with me in the comments below! Oh, and if you’re wanting a cute place to write down your goals, check out this printable from A Beautiful Mess!