The latest trip to my closet has left me choosing between one grey Vince sweater, or the other. While I really do enjoy a neutral wardrobe, I have to say, I’m a little bored. Bright colors bring out the textures in clothes, while a closet full of “safe” isn’t where I am anymore. It’s nice to have a good selection of great basics (who doesn’t love black?), but I’m ready to inject some bright colors into my every day look. Here are a few items I love:
1. Vince Silk Tunic – I would usually buy something like this in black, but I love this rosy pink in silk. Perfect for holiday parties or dinners out.
2. Baggu Mini Purse – I can’t get enough of the look of this blue suede – it’s classic!
3. J.Crew Faux Fur Coat – Who doesn’t love something fluffy and blue? This coat makes me as happy as Cookie Monster!
4. Ulla Johnson Sweater – Yummy, thick, knitted cable has me going a little berserk over this sweater. The pop of color would definitely help you overcome a case of the winter blahs.
5. Black Halo Dress – This dress is anything but dull! Simple, flirty details in a color that will wake you right up.
6. Dolce Vita Boots – If you can’t tell by now, I’m pretty obsessed with Dolce Vita shoes. When I saw this pair, I didn’t care if it was the wrong size, I had to order them!
7. Mansur Gavriel Bag – I have so many black, brown, and grey bags that I’d love to add a mossy green to my collection for a change.
8. Current/Elliott Jeans – These green jeans still feel like a neutral and would go great with brown boots or a pink jacket.
9. Nike Sneakers – At the very least, it’s easy to take a risk on bright sneakers! They’re the best way to ease into color.
So now that I’m colorfully committed to a new state of shopping, it’s goodbye to grey and hello to burgundy!
Do you have a wardrobe full of bright colors or neutrals? Which do you prefer?