Yesterday felt like a heatwave! We had lunch in New York, but I refused to make a drastic clothing transition, instead opting for a sweater and jeans despite being a tad too hot. While the weather brightened my spirit, it also inspired me to share the clothes I have my eye on for spring.
I like picking pieces that can easily transition into my wardrobe – wearable with plenty of the things I already have – and these items are no different. Bright, happy colors, combine with sultry textures and a touch of vintage. Read about some of my picks below:
1. Dolce Vita Booties – I have not yet ventured into open-toed boots, but this is the closest I’m willing to get for now. I love how the leather strips attach in such a geometric way, and these will transition well into summer with flowy dresses and little shorts.
2. Parfois Scarf – I nearly fell off my chair when I discovered this gorgeous scarf. Pink pleats? Yes, please! In fact, I think I need to buy more than just one color.
3. Strathberry Purse – Spotted on Megan Markle during Christmas celebrations with her new royal family, I fell in love with this little bag. Any color would do, but I like the blue and white best for spring.
4. Alice + Olivia Pants – The perfect light pink, high waisted flair, these pants will be added to my wardrobe very soon. I often shrink at the thought of wearing anything other than jeans, but I think it’s important to put some grown-up pants on this year.
5. Sam Edelman Tote – I have not been into the decorated straw bags, but this one felt different to me. With a little color and classic blue stripes, it feels like just the right amount of fuss.
6. Citizens Jeans – With a light wash, these jeans will freshen up my denim for spring. I’ve been loving the Rocket Sculpt style – not only do they hold you in, but they go up high and always sit perfectly on the hips.
7. Cinq a Sept Dress – I never tire of tulle, and though I don’t have any events to attend this spring (not yet anyway!), this dress should make an appearance at a few ballets or fancy dinners. More tulle you say? I also love this skirt, and this one too!
8. Zimmermann Top – A cross between a robe and a top that Ava Gardner would wear, I love the vintage design of this blouse. It’s also super versatile.
9. Sézane Sweater – I am wearing this sweater as I write this, so it’s clear, I already broke down under pressure! I love the loose weave and draped back of this jumper, making it perfectly breathable for the changing temperatures. It’s also neutral, but unexpected in this mid-century color.
10. Zimmermann Romper – This color always catches my eye, and in silk, it’s even more stunning. I love all the ruffles along the sleeves, collar, and shorts – a detail that Zimmermann always does very well.
11. Dolce Vita Sandals – These little, knotted shoes look SO comfortable, but again, somewhat upscale. I’d wear these to the beach, around the town all day, on a boat, in the south of France, to a birthday party…I could keep going…
12. Madewell Tee – I love lounging in jeans and a t-shirt all day, especially when I’m spending hours at the computer, or cooking homemade pizza with a bun on my head. This mustard tone grabbed me as a refreshing pop that will brighten up my usual white-tee uniform. I also like this striped one.
And there you have it! Some of the things that will be jumping off the page and into my closet soon. Which one is your favorite?
What will you be picking up for spring? Share with me in the comments below!