I’m still abroad, soaking in the Italian heat, but here’s a few things to brighten your week (because…you know…mine seems to be pretty okay at the moment). From the big blue ocean to a few words of wisdom, these links will have you enjoying your day just a little more than you would have otherwise.
1. A recipe for ginger lemonade is obviously the secret to an endless summer.
2. These women who swim the fjords are my tough, nordic inspiration to not fear the water.
3. “Look toward the direction you want to go and you will go that way.” Just one piece of sage advice from seven New York based surfers.
4. I can’t ever resist posting a Paris apartment – and in the 7th arrondissement no less!
5. A couple’s affordable engagement photos gave me a serious case of the giggles.
6. This underwater photo shot by Bruce Mozert in the crystal clear waters of Silver Springs, Florida.
I can’t help but wonder what advice a surfer would give to someone who nearly drowned in three feet of water on their first surf lesson? Perhaps to soldier on, try again and, most importantly, keep paddling! After all, eating sand is par for the course. And now, as I regret giving up a career in surfing (but not really), I hope you have a wonderful start to the week!