A little taste of what’s been happening lately in my life, based on what you’ll find on my desk.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Hair Therapy and Nail Therapy – Snagged these at Anthropologie’s checkout while grabbing a gift for a friend. I’ve never seen a mask for nails, so given that I suffer from soft nails, I thought I’d give it a go. And a hair mask is always a good idea!
2. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – This book showed up on my Amazon suggestions and it seemed exactly the kind of thing I need to hear. I often give too many f*cks about too many things.
3. Big Magic – I just finished this, and while I was genuinely not a fan of Eat Pray Love, I really loved this book by Elizabeth Gilbert. It spoke to my creative soul and I would have enjoyed it 10 years ago when I needed some good advice.
4. Elago Headphone Splitter – Sometimes Jon and I share headphones on the plane if we’re watching a movie together, so instead of listening through a single earbud, I decided to keep a splitter in my carry-on luggage.
5. Chat noir, Chat blanc – A 1946 vintage children’s book I bought on my last trip to Paris.
6. Aveda’s Hair Potion – Rather than a spray, I decided to give this texturizing power a go. It’s got a bit of a cult following online so I’m looking forward to trying it.
7. Birthday card from my best friend.
8. Kristin Ess Serum – From her new Target line of hair products, which I love and will do a review of soon!
Now pardon me, I have to go practice my French and work on not giving too many f*cks.
Do you have any fun things sitting on your desk? Share with my readers in the comments below!